Saturday 4 June 2016

156. Jim Lorimer Park, Burnaby

Once a week, I either walk or take the bus past this playground on Gilmore Avenue in Burnaby, not too far from where I work.  I've always told myself that I would have to bring Charlotte here and add it to our playground blog - and today was the day that we did it!  It happened quite by accident; we were heading elsewhere, driving down the next main street over when we saw a train coming down the tracks towards us, way up in the distance.  As we are never ones to miss out on watching a train go by, we turned off the street we were on to see if we could find a spot from which to watch the train.  Well, I don't know if it was some kind of Famous Five-style spook train or if my eyes had been playing tricks on me, but no train appeared.  We did find ourselves across from this playground though, so we slapped on the sunscreen and headed over to play.

There were no other kids to play with unfortunately - perhaps because it was so hot, but then again, I've never seen more than one or two kids playing here.  A teenager came and hung out at the top, engrossed in her phone while we were playing.  But we had a good time; I got to take care of the ice cream shop, which made me happy as I got to hang out in the shade.  We spent a good half hour playing, before we headed out, needing a cold drink and some air conditioning.  It's a pretty decent playground that's got some stuff that's challenging for Charlotte - it's just too bad there's no one to play with!  Unfortunately, I didn't have any memory left in my camera, so I've had to use a stock photo for this post.  The playground is located at N 49.15.759 W 123.00.831 and is point no. 156 on the map at the bottom of home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment