Saturday 17 May 2014

33. Ryall Park, New Westminster

We were a little disorganized today and didn’t really have much planned, so we just went down to a park not too far from home, Ryall Park down in Queensborough. I used to come here once a week before I was pregnant with Charlotte to do yoga at the community centre; I hadn’t been here in a couple of years and the place was unrecognizable after a major renovation. The park was nice – a small playground for the smaller kids to play on and lots of kids there to play with. There was a little girl named Maya who really took a shine to Charlotte – but Charlotte was having none of it and every time Maya tried to follow her around, Charlotte would run back to me, plonk herself down in my lap, and look as sad as a two-year-old can look. Poor Maya.  Rejected.  I was amused by the warning sign (oops, the "Welcome!" sign) on the equipment - I guess Canadian kids are just tougher than American ones!

Eventually we moved over to the waterpark – it had been going when we first arrived, but had since stopped and there were no kids playing there. Charlotte would have been happy to just splash in the lingering puddles, but I eventually found the magic button to get things going again and soon there was water spraying from here, there and everywhere and kids were soon flocking back to it. We hadn’t really been prepared for a water park, so Charlotte was soon soaked. I took off her t-shirt and got her sunscreened up and she had the time of her life until it was getting to be nap time and I had to coax her to leave. Luckily we had enough extra gear with us that I was able to get her dried out – and she fell asleep in her car seat before we had even left the park. No time to geocache today, though there are three in the park and we only have one of them. That just gives us another reason to come back! The park is located at N 49.11.157 W122.56.541:  https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7IAXiVD2wGY.ke14vi-3MYtI&pli=1


 

No comments:

Post a Comment