Tuesday 8 April 2014

22. Sunbury Park, Delta

Brr!  We've been treated to some lovely spring weather lately - but it wasn't too warm in windy Sunbury Park this afternoon!  We zipped out here from Richmond along the brand new South Fraser Perimeter Road.  When we first arrived, there was no one else in the playground, which suited me just fine as I had a geocache to find - a cache called "Olivia's Tiny Cache" is hidden right on the fence that surrounds the playground.  Or at least I assume it is - I couldn't find it!  I started at GZ (that's ground zero, where my GPS zeroes out) and fanned out from there, but came up short.  I stopped searching when a gang of muggles descended on the playground - which was okay with Charlotte as she wanted me to push her on the swings anyway.  The playground here is geared to younger kids, so it was great for her.  She enjoyed climbing, sliding and bouncing across the bridge.  The playground had a feature we hadn't yet seen in any of the other playgrounds we've visited - sort of a knobbly slide for climbing up, more than for sliding down.  It was still a bit much for Charlotte, but it was pretty cool.  After all, what kid doesn't like climbing up the slide just as much as sliding down it?  Finally, a slide where they can do just that!

It really was quite chilly and I thought we would be better off getting some dinner and heading to story time at the library rather than staying at the playground too much longer.  I gave Charlotte her usual two-minute warning - much to her dismay.  She did not want to go and repeatedly told me that she was "sad".  We went on to have lots of fun at story time and we chose some good books to take home with us.  But as I tucked Charlotte into bed that night, she once again told me she was "sad".  "Because we had to leave the playground?" I asked her.  "Yes," she said.  Poor Charlotte!  I guess she really loved this playground!  But as I pointed out to her, we're only on playground no. 22 - there will be plenty more playground trips to come!  This one is located at N49.09.362 W 122.56.023: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=z7IAXiVD2wGY.ke14vi-3MYtI

2 comments:

  1. Este descubrimiento de parques infantiles es encantador, Helen. Les conté a mis hermanas acerca del proyecto Helen-Charlotte-101playgrounds así que todos ahora seguimos la aventura.
    ¡Qué bueno que Charlotte disfrute de los cuentos! A Guada y Octavio también les encantan y eso que ya están bastante más crecidos. Ja-ja !
    Recibe mi cariño de una amistad imperecedera ante el paso del tiempo y las distancias. Saludos a Pete.

    ReplyDelete